Prince George Crime Stoppers is a program that empowers regular people to fight back against crime. Anyone can submit an anonymous tip by using our tips line, and if that tip leads to an arrest the individual will receive a reward for their efforts. Crime Stoppers operates in 15 countries around the world and since the very first program started in 1976, we have become the number one community based crime solving organization in the world.
Who Can Get Involved?
Volunteers also play an integral role in Crime Stoppers: in committees, helping with projects, attending events, helping sell items or tickets, working on special events and providing person power or expertise. If you are interested in getting involved with Crime Stoppers, head to our volunteer section to sign up.
What is Crime Stoppers?
Prince George Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization operated by a Board of Directors made up of citizens with a wide variety of backgrounds, but like you, they share one thing in common: they want to live in a community that's as safe and secure as possible. That's why they're donating their time and effort in the fight against crime.
How Does Crime Stoppers Work?
Prince George Crime Stoppers follows the guidelines and directions set out by Crime Stoppers International in its day-to-day operation. Trained civilians answer its toll-free tips line (1-800-222-TIPS) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, taking completely anonymous tips on any criminal activity. (If you witness a crime in progress, you should call 911).
How Can I Give a Tip?
If you have any information about a crime that's been committed….. * Call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line: 1-800-222-TIPS or enter a tip online.
- Your information will be taken in strictest confidence. Anonymity is protected and you never have to give your name.
- You will be given a code number. This should be kept to yourself in order to remain anonymous.
- After several weeks, call Crime Stoppers back, giving your confidential tip code number and you will receive an update on the status of the investigation.
- Tips that lead to the arrest of suspects, as well as the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $2,000.00, which are paid to tipsters on an anonymous basis.
- We don't want your name, just your information that can help solve a crime!
The Board of Directors decide on policy, procedure and standards for program operation. The Board is also responsible for fundraising, promotion and education. Regular meetings are held monthly. As well, Board members volunteer time as Committee Chairs and at various events, presentations, speeches and meetings as needed. Members help out at all public awareness and fundraising events.
How to Contact Us
Mailing Address: PO Box 865 Prince George, BC V2L 4T7